Saturday, July 9, 2011

More to Life

Six months later.  There is definitely so much more to life than that.  God has given me a fresh revelation of Himself, His word, and the redemptive power of His love for us.

On May 28, 2011 I danced at my daughter's wedding.  I cannot remember a day in my life when I ever felt so carefree and unburdened.  Not once throughout all the days of my anticipation of this event did I imagine the impact it would have upon my spirit.  Twice in my life I have heard God speak to my heart and say "Well done."  This was the second time.  (The first is a story for another day.)  The revelation and realization of God's sovereignty has set me awestruck anew. 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."

He revealed to me all that is lasting and lingers longer than a feast and a celebratory welcome home.