Thursday, March 25, 2010

Emptiness or Fullness?

Jesus said, "From the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks."  Well, I don't speak much.  At least, not about anything that really matters.  Does that mean my heart is empty of anything meaningful?  Perhaps it does.  Or maybe it's just all closed up inside of me - the fullness of my heart being all locked up.  No outlet.  If that is so, what fills my heart? Is there something attempting to burst forth from within me?  Highly unlikely. 

I've held everything in for so long now.  All those feelings and emotions lying deep within my weeping spot.  Please don't get near that spot.  I'll weep for hours if THAT is touched.  52 years of life experiences bottled up in there.  Does it matter?  Do I matter?  I really don't think so.  I'm simply here for a purpose.  And I do believe that everything happens for a reason.  I am who I am for a reason. 

So where do I go from here? 

Are we meant to completely share our heart with anyone but God?