Sunday, August 14, 2011

How cool is that??

I have a grandson!  His name is Aldyansyah Ridwan.  We have decided to call him Al.  Al will be 9 in November, and his home is in Indonesia.

During an intermission Friday night, Mark Hall spoke about World Vision.  Mark is the Youth Pastor at Eagles Landing First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia.  He is also the lead singer and song writer for the band (Casting Crowns).  Mark shook my hand and asked my name.  We are now BFF's forever, of course!  CR, I finally found your brother, and he's my brother too.  Awesome walk of faith this guy has.  My daughter and I had decided we would sponsor a child together through World Vision, so I had gone up to get a kid.  These people are giving away kids!!  Love it.  Got me one.  Now my daughter says I can quit pestering her about grandbabies.

While I was walking back to my seat, I looked down at the face of this child God gave me to love.  Next to his picture his birthdate was written:  November 25, 2002.  We share the same date of birth.  How cool is that?

I came home early Saturday morning with a new-found brother and a grandson.  Seriously, how cool is that???

God is so good.  He's so good to me.