Thursday, September 22, 2011

eschatology

es·cha·tol·o·gy  noun Theology .

1. any system of doctrines concerning last, or final, matters, as death, the Judgment, the future state, etc.
2. the branch of theology dealing with such matters.
 
Be ready for the end is near!!!  What else can I say?  Read the headlines.  The world around us has gone crazy. 
 
As in the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be. 
 
I was thinking yesterday about the Sonny and Cher show.  Cher's teeth were very crooked back in the late 60's.  She was so skinny and had that long, black shiny hair.  Sonny was a beatnik.  "I got you, babe."  Chastity's birth was headline news.    Many an hour was spent in the basement at my Mom's house with my face inches from the screen of our black and white TV with its rabbit ear antenna. 
 
Times certainly have changed since I was 8.  Today Chastity is now Chaz and bears no resemblance to the pretty little girl in ribbons and bows.  Remember Pat on SNL?  I don't feel sorry for Chaz but I do feel a great compassion.  Chaz is a major example of the Days of Noah in which we now live.